Saturday 9 June 2012

A Little Bit after NerdEast

I was so tired earlier when I got home, but after a nap (and some work on the scale mail page) I've finally got round to posting just a little about my NerdEast experience!

The view from my stall: full of all sorts of
things I mostly managed to resist buying

It was all really exciting, and there were lots of other crafty stalls either side of me with a whole range of exciting stuff! Mine was definitely the most eclectic, seeing as I can never pick just one thing to make.

I eventually got myself sorted into a scaly side...
and a non-scaly side


This was the state of my stall at the start of the day, I very quickly sold several octoplurals and all my Cthulhu! Next time I have a stall I know to make a lot more Cthulhu, clearly his tiny sanity-nomming cuteness is a favourite!
Other things you can see I had were scale gloves and pouches, pokemon necklaces, bottle charms, a handful of cute and geeky critters and a pile of cheap drawstring pouches from scrap packs of pretty patterned material! There are leftover items from most sections so if you couldn't come but really love something in one of the photos just ask if it's still around, prices in the photos accurate (click to zoom) plus postage if required.

I enjoyed spending most of the day on my stall, and I very much enjoyed finding two old pokémon books that I have been searching for since I saw them advertised in the back of a couple of the pokemon manga issues that I got when I was much smaller!
I also enjoyed watching the whole building being piloted around defending the galaxy throughout the day by a talented team of space-wise visitors and stall owners, although occasionally having to steal their top engineer to watch my stall when I spotted shiny things that wanted to be exchanged for money (thanks for the help ^^)

The crew of Artemis check out the long range scanners

Minefields, asteroids and enemy ships all just about visible in this photo.
FIRE THE NUKES! ALL POWER TO FRONT SHIELDS!

Anyways, so NerdEast was a lot of fun, it was awesome to see all the people I knew there and meet a lot of new people and talk about all sorts, from learning how to knit with scales to rainbow cats!

Oh, and for the people that thought the littlest octopus I had with me was tiny... here he is with his little brother!

Finger tip mounted mini octopus apologises for not making it to NerdEast

No comments:

Post a Comment