This super simple pattern is designed for those new to knitting with scales and even new to knitting all together.
The pattern includes comprehensive instructions with step by step picture tutorial for scale knitting in PDF format including two sizes of the blank scale pattern design charts.
If you have any problems or questions about your purchase do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message to CraftyMutt on Facebook
- Suggested learning resources for all techniques used, from cast on to cast off
- Step by step tutorial for adding scales as required for the pattern, including images
- Full material and equipment list
- Blank pattern design charts to help you translate your idea into scales
- Four different hand sizes (from 6 1/2 inch to 9 inch) with stitch numbers throughout for each
- Two different glove lengths with pre-made pattern design charts to the correct length
- Options to increase or decrease the standard lengths for custom length gloves
- One blank design chart for the regular glove length to visually design a pattern onto
- One design guide chart for the regular glove to translate visual design into knitted scale order
- One blank design chart for the long glove length to visually design a pattern onto
- One design guide chart for the long glove to translate visual design into knitted scale order
You can also have a free preview of the first page!
Click to enlarge!
How Is The Pattern Delivered?
This pattern is now offered as an instant download via Ravelry - if you have any trouble with this please contact me at email@example.com, preferably forwarding your receipt so I can sort things out as quickly as possible!
Mostly you just need standard knitting supplies.
You will need 300 small aluminium scales to complete the regular length gloves, or 400 if you want to make the longer option first. See the bottom of DIY Scale Mail for suggested scale suppliers!
How Difficult Is It?
If you're reading this section you're probably worried that you won't be able to understand how to knit with the scales, and the pattern will be useless to you. Well fear not! Check out the DIY Scale Mail page again, and this time check out the Knit Stitch instructions which includes a tutorial video. That's all you need! So if you want to make sure you can handle it before you buy the pattern, have a go at what's described in the video, and if you can do that you can knit gauntlets.
What Do I Not Get?
You do not get any ready made scale charts to use, the charts for examples shown on this page are not included; you get the knitting pattern to make gloves and blank charts to design your own patterns with.
Also the legal stuff:
You do not get permission to sell this pattern as it is or in an adapted form, or give it away for free.
You do not get permission to make and sell items made by this pattern, although the technique of knitting with scales itself is allowed - you can design your own items that include scales using the technique described in the free tutorial whether you buy the pattern or not. Only the pattern itself is protected.
What Can I Make?
Gauntlets, of all colours, lengths, and sizes!
Click an image to enter full size gallery!